Sydney Cafes

12:37 am

After a year... I am back! (Chuckles).

I know I have been really bad at this blogging game. You cannot blame me when I have school to catch up. I just... *insert many excuses* (yes you can blame me).

So instead of telling you my grand plan for life which starts with p and ends with n and r-o-c-r-a-s-t-i-n-a-t-i-o in the middle, I rather we talk about today's post highlight: Sydney's Cafes.

Last August, I went down-under with Vincent to the land of kangaroos, koalas, and of course, great cafes! We had a really nice time over there with the slightly chilly weather. We went on some dolphin watching and wine-tasting tours which I will subsequently blog about later on (I promise I won't drag another year).  

But who knows half a year later, I returned to the same city that fed me with lots of smooth coffees and yummy avo on toast. I was back in Sydney again earlier this month with Fiona as part of our Graduation trip (series). We returned to a lot of the cafes that I went previously so I thought I would combine them into a post.

If you don't really care how many times I have been to Sydney in less than a year, then just read on for my little comments about the place and food. 

Not in order of preference:

#1 The Grounds of Alexandria 

The Grounds is located further away from the CBD area and requires a short walk in if you are coming by train or bus. But if you ask me, I think it is totally worth the journey to get there. You can find two cafes, one florist shop (Is there a name for it?) and an area with some animals that will probably be your breakfast or brunch later (I'm kidding).



Right: They named the pig 'Kevin the Bacon'
W: https://thegrounds.com.au/

#2 Brewtown Newtown

Situated at Newtown as the name says it, this place has a really nice ambiance with its industrial style deco. Because I decided to blog about this one year later, my memory naturally fails me and I cannot remember the name of what we ordered. But anyway, cafes usually change their menu once in a while so it's better if you go there and choose from their updated menu.  




W: https://www.brewtownnewtown.com/

#3 Black Star Pastry 

This place in Newtown is only famous for one thing: Watermelon Cake !!!

Seriously, the Watermelon Cake is the best thing ever. It just has that light and juicy taste (which is normal of watermelon) which is surprising when you eat a cake? I love it so much I keep going back for it (even after a year).


W: https://blackstarpastry.com.au/

#4 Bondi Wholefoods

This is going to be a contradictory recommendation... 

Because seriously, I am not a health-food eater??? I ordered the vegan pancake and it looks really pretty with the edible flowers as deco but the vegan pancake is very dense and not fluffy like the usual kind (duh). I guess it's worth a try (and worth a try being healthy as well). 

Left: Eggs on Toast ; Right: 'Super Food Mesquite Vanilla Pancakes'
W: https://www.bondiwholefoods.com.au/

#5 Showbox Coffee Brewers

This cafe is spotted at Manly Beach, a 30 minutes ferry ride from the Circular Quay. The prices of the food are slightly more wallet-friendly, maybe because it's located further away. Funny thing is we looked at an outdated menu online which I originally wanted to have their shakshuka but settled for their mushrooms on toast instead. It didn't disappoint I must say!

Left: Pegg Roll ; Right: Mushrooms on Toast
Left: Flat White ; Right: Iced Latte

W: http://www.showboxcoffee.com.au/

Fun fact: flat white and avo on toast are both Aussie creation!! (and other tasty food)

And I am done!! Doing a food post is much more tiring than doing a scenery post...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe